Wednesday, December 14, 2011

In God We Believe…?

            
            So yesterday I saw the news of how the scientists at CERN, the huge research facility near France and Swiss border are close to finding Higgs Boson aka ‘The God Particle’. Higgs boson is the elusive theoretical particle that’s believed to have played a key role in the formation of the universe. I tried to go into the details but it was just too much for my little cranium; plus, I still had to catch up on my Bollywood news.

            Later, I started thinking, would this mean that what Prof. Stephen Hawking, the famous English theoretical physicist and cosmologist, said was true. His theory on the creation of universe says that Universe was created because of the laws of science and not because of the will of God.

            I am certainly not going to argue with Mr. Hawking here but then how would he explain the functioning of the great nation of India? I mean, come on, everyone within and outside India know that it’s not running because of the government or the opposition for that matter!!

            Coming back to the point in question; if the scientists really prove that the creation of universe was because of Science, would your faith in God remain intact? Is there someone up there who looks (or sometimes doesn’t look) upon us? Would you still go to the temple and be religious?

            As far as I am concerned, I definitely believe in God, not just because I was raised in a religious family but because the way my life has turned out to be. If it was ‘only’ up to me, I won’t be were I am today, for sure. So for me God is definitely up there.

            Be religious or be an atheist, one thing that I noticed is that Science shows us the ‘How’ behind the functioning of the things and Religion gives us the ‘Why’.

No comments:

Post a Comment