Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rain!! Rain!!

 
                When was the last time you intentionally got wet in rain? When was the last time you actually enjoyed the rain while getting drenched? When was the last time you relished those wet moments? Being a grownup has many advantages, but when did we become so uptight that we couldn’t truly experience the rain anymore?
                Rain!! Rain!! You see some with a blissful smile, some with that lost silly grin and some with that wistful look…Of all the great things I adore about America and AmericansJ, One thing I don’t comprehend is how ‘rain’ is not relished, in fact it’s loathed upon. People complain about it ruining the summer.  It’s true that during the sunny days when sun is shining bright, we are all energized by its warmth and promise of outdoor activities. We soak up heavy doses of Vitamin-D during these splendid sunny days. We get a little hyper thinking of all the things we can do. Sun is our good friend, it energizes us…it motivates us. Sun, makes us Do More!!
But does this make rain appalling?
                When I tell people that I love sky filled with grey clouds and rainy weather, they look at me, puzzled. They don’t usually ask me why, they just say, “huh”. It’s been a while for me, but the fun of getting drenched in the first rain of the season is simply mesmerizing. I love the sound of heavy rain, how it makes everything smell earthy and fresh. I don’t ever want Ashvy to learn the song, “Rain, rain, go away” alas it’s too lateL. She is with the ‘Sun Loving and Rain Loathing’ majority. Rain never makes me gloomy, or ruins my plans, or spoils my day. In fact the one time I enjoy traffic is during the rain. Rain is just plain childhood fun at any age. If you think about it, Rain can be an energizer and motivator because Rain makes you live in the moment. It inspires you to seat back and relax. Rain makes you Do Less!!
                Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. Enjoy the cycle of Nature for if it wasn’t for rain, we won’t appreciate the Sunny days either. So the next time when it rains, rather than running for cover or cursing, take a second glance. Watch the rain, Smell the freshness of air, Listen to the sound and Appreciate the Moment.

1 comment:

  1. Good blog mate. I hear you and understand you. Only if rain was seasonal, you would've more of your kind in USA.
    Situation is more dire in Sydney as we don't have snow. It rains all year round.
    What would be the time for 'first rain'?

    ReplyDelete